+375 (17)no skype addon 544 11 52

Opening hours:

from 9.00 till 17.00
daily except monday.

Заслаўе

The history and culture museum-reserve "Zaslaŭje"

Sights

The stronghold "Zamecak"

The remains of the fortified settlement on the south-western part of Zaslavl are known as “Zamecak”. The stronghold was built in the last quarter of the 10th century by order of Uladzimier Sviataslavavic as an outpost for north-western border of his kingdom. Circular ramparts enhanced with massive protection walls with battlements and roofs were built on top of the hill and towered 24 meters above the marshes of Charnica river. Defensive...

Burial Mounds

Burial mounds (or kurgans) were a substantial element of Zaslavl landscape from the mid 10th  to the early 12th  centuries.  They served not only as burial sites, but also represented our ancestors’ system of pagan beliefs about the universe, in general, and the cult of the dead, in particular. As a rule, in early Middle Ages, the structure of the sacred town consisted from a town center, a settlement,...

”Val” and former calvinist Cathedral

The history of citadel "Val", also known as Zaslaŭje castle, begins at the late 11th – early 12th  centuries. The ring fortress, built by Uladzimier Sviataslavavič, was gradually abandoned, and a more advanced, massively fortified Zaslaŭje citadel appeared in trading quarter on the right river embankment. Originally, the citadel was protected by 3-3.5 meter-high sand ramparts. Their inside walls were...

Roman Catholic Church of Holy Mary’s Nativity

The stone-made Catholich Church of Holy Mary’s Nativity was established in 1779  by Antoni Tadeusz Przeździecki (1718-1772), owner of Zaslaŭje county. The major construction of the church took place between 1760 (completion of the new owner’s paperwork by Antoni) and 1772 (year the magnate died in Warsaw).  According to his will, as of 1772, the church construction works were not completed. The responsibility to complete the place of...

The Przeźdeckie's Palace and Park

In the late 17th  – early 18th  centuries, former property of the Sapiehas’ family – Zaslaŭje - attracted the attention of the Przezdzieckies’ family of magnates. In 1693,  Jerzy Stanisław Sapieha (1668-1732) transferred “…good Zaslaŭje areas” to Aleksander Przezdziecki. As a result, after the death of the last owner from the Sapiehas family, all Zaslaŭje properties received a new owner – Antoni Tadeusz Przeździecki (...